Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

installion of Ubuntu Programmes

hi i have been using Ubuntu since version 8 and i fail to install some programmes like Cinelerra and other video editing programmes really troublesome with installing programmes for video editing and for media usages

Help because i wanna save on license charge like on other operating systems

Comments

• saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Are you having trouble installing programs for ubuntu? All you need to do is go to the "ubuntu software center" app and search for the programs you want. You can even download the tarballs of the packages that you want.

You should should upgrade to 10.04 LTS to have better support for all packages available.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    There are no license charges in Linux, unless you specifically pay for a custom program. Why are you having problems installing programs like Cinerella? What happens when you try to install them?
  • asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    Have you tried with the instructions on there page?

http://cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php#ubuntu

You have to add that PPA to your sources list.
  • Lman
    Lman Posts: 52
    Okay so before anything, you should really try to upgrade to a more recent Ubuntu. 10.04 Long Term Support would be a good choice. It could very well be possible that the Ubuntu you are running doesn't support any of the programs you're trying to use. Hope this helps :)
  • hello all thanks for all your help
    but i'm i just updated my ubuntu to 11.04
    any advice??

thanks
  • asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    kristof portscher wrote:
    hello all thanks for all your help
    but i'm i just updated my ubuntu to 11.04
    any advice??

thanks

Is it not working to install from the PPA??

What did you try so far?
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    I installed Ubuntu Studio 10.10 - it includes kdenlive and cinelerra by default.
  • hi i'm installing ubuntu studio on my computer now but i have both ubuntu11.04 and win7 on my computer how do i replace ubuntu with ubuntu studio

thanks
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    During installation, just tell the installer to use the Ubuntu 11.04 partitions and it will replace 11.04 with Ubuntu Studio.

Edit: it should detect and set up the dual boot for windows 7 automatically, just as it did when you installed 11.04.
  • thanks on and all for your help i am successfully on ubuntu studio as of yesterday

@woboyle i do not have cinelerra installed by default
    any advice

although i have followed instructions on conelerra website already

thanks
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Glad to have helped.

Categories

Upcoming Training