Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Animated background in Linux-Slackware ?

chekkizhar
chekkizhar Posts: 182

Hai,

How can I have an animated image as wallpaper with animation.? If I put any *.gif image, it is not animating in Fedora as well as in Slackware

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    linustorvalds wrote:
    Hai,
    How can I have an animated image as wallpaper with animation.? If I put any *.gif image, it is not animating in Fedora as well as in Slackware

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=animated+wallpaper+linux&l=1
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I often want to use lmgtfy more often .... it's such a great tool.
  • chekkizhar

wooow... marc you know, you invented a GREAT NEW WAY to find answers:P . thank god for finding you in the forum.:woohoo:

If i google it, i know I will get answers, for all asked questions in "linux.com". Not at all a matter. There are so many linux forums which deal with same kind of question/answers.

The thing is, the activity we need in "linux.com"

No one is forced you to answer any of questions. If you wish answer or else no need at all sir :angry: understood ?
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    As far as I know you cannot use animated backgrounds in kde, however you can install the enlightenment window manager and use their animated backgrounds.
  • marc
    linustorvalds wrote:

No one is forced you to answer any of questions. If you wish answer or else no need at all sir :angry: understood ?

It was a gentle way of saying: just work for yourself a little bit before flooding the forums with silly things that have already been answered like a gazilion times.

No offense intended.

Regards
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    marc wrote:
    linustorvalds wrote:

It was a gentle way of saying: just work for yourself a little bit before flooding the forums with silly things that have already been answered like a gazilion times.

No offense intended.

Regards

I actually consider these puns to be a good sign, the behavior is non-aggressive but pushing to teach a lesson, sort of like with siblings. Plus, I learned about http://lmgtfy.com/ which I will use to have some fun with you guys in a playful way.
  • chekkizhar
    "No offense intended."
    I actually consider these puns to be a good sign, the behavior is non-aggressive but pushing to teach a lesson, sort of like with siblings.
    may be. But, I understood I made a mistake ...I worried a lot..
    Plus, I learned about http://lmgtfy.com/

me too matt.
    which I will use to have some fun with you guys in a playful way.
    ok. But, mostly try to avoid please, unless until. if it is dead easy question
  • chekkizhar
    @marc : Am sorry for my behavior regarding animated image question in our forum marc. No more un-necessary flooding too.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    No more un-necessary flooding too

Thank you. When you realize that most of us here volunteer their time, and, try to answer as many questions as we can when we have breaks in our work days, you can understand why we get a bit irritated when we have to go through over 30 posts in one day that are mostly one sentence responses to threads that haven't been accessed for months.

BTW - We do welcome you here, and we would want you to keep submitting questions. Just realize that, as the cry wolf analogy would go, if you post for posting sake, then, ask a legitimate question, it might not be taken seriously.

So, we have a fresh start, and, for what it's worth, as a KDE user, I would like to use animated backgrounds also, but the best we can do, is use slide shows for the background wallpapers. Although one would have to learn to write XML code in order to get it working, or, find an existing slide show and modify its code to make it work the way we want. Hmm, actually, setting the timer on a slide show low enough might actually simulate animation. But, with all that going on changing backgrounds, it would probably slow things down with whatever else your doing.
  • marc
    Now that we are at it, I'm curious: why would anyone want an animated background? Most of the time I don't see my desktop background...

What's the point on such a waste of resources?

Regards

Categories

Upcoming Training