Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Create an international Linux Screen Cast contest

Why not create an international Linux Screen Cast contest?

I believe the closest you get to an instructor sitting beside you would probably be a video. So the idea is to build a large centralized ( easy to find ) database of quality screen casts ( instructive videos ). One way get theses videos would be by the use of the community in an ongoing competition. Whereby the users can rate/ give credit to videos they find useful. The videos should be open to all popular distributions and their programs. With these videos you probably would decrease the workload on the community for simple beginner problems. Because its easier to learn when you actually see how its done.

The screen casts should have some minimum requirements like English subtitles for easy translations to other languages.

The vision is that all programs in Linux will have screen casts showing the basic and new features.

Comments

• amcpherson
    amcpherson Posts: 2
    I really like this idea. We have a plan for allowing screencasts in our tutorial section but don't have the technology ready yet. I think we want to do this for sure and hopefully you can help

Amanda
  • ajun
    ajun Posts: 25
    Good idea! and i need Linux wallpaper too.:P
  • abrenar
    abrenar Posts: 117
    Me too i am here for help. for this project. Good Idea its like youtube for linux.

Categories

Upcoming Training