Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Reporting ? or My Ignorance ?

Sometimes when i will read some posting here in linux.com their is a pop up screen that want me to enter username and password, is this is a feature of that thread or a spammer?

thanks admins

Comments

• vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    I've never seen anything like that here on the forums, Arben. Can you post a screenshot?
  • abrenar
    abrenar Posts: 117
    wait i will try to located that thread.
  • darkixion
    darkixion Posts: 41
    I've seen the same thing, but the domain name is for beta.linux.com which is a restricted area, hence the authentication request. Not sure how that's creeping into pages. Maybe an image has been left behind from the beta version.
  • abrenar
    attach is the screenshot of what ive seen,

you can try it be viewing the thread posting under ubuntu channel.
  • abrenar
    i cant attach the screenshot its too big. you can try to see it by your self by viewing the thread "posting?" in under the ubuntu channel.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I have noticed the same thing on some of my posts from when the site was in beta, hopefully the staff can run a quick script to update those links.
  • abrenar
    at the second day of this site is open i already experience it but ignoring it and closing the box, and when i experience it more, i thought that this is a feature of an thread, but i think that it can be a virus or what.

hope the admins can resolve it soon, because it can be a hole of this site.
  • darkixion
    darkixion Posts: 41
    A virus? If you're running Windows, and you're not seeing the beta.linux.com dialog, then that's possible, otherwise it's extremely unlikely. That's kinda one of the many benefits of Linux.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Please send a message to Brian Profitt listing the discussion that is prompting the message so they have a starting point to work on a resolution.

Categories

Upcoming Training