Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Welcome to Linux.com

This the right time place to welcome you all to Linux.com and out little community. Feel free to introduce yourself to the community and tell us what you hope to accomplish or gain from this community.

Comments

• Well, my name is istimsak abdulbasir, a Windows decendent who is learning the power digital control. Consider me an explorer, an explorer of SPEED. Linux offers this, and much more. Now I'm hoping that human innovation will come easy to me as it has ever since I went opensource.
  • mpalmeruk
    mpalmeruk Posts: 26
    Hi,

My name is Matt Palmer, I'm from the United Kingdom. I've been a UNIX and Linux user for a long time now, and thought that I would share some of the stuff that I have done both through my job and through just trying to figure out ways of trying to get stuff to work better.

I started out with Junior UNIX experience as a sysadmin in 1995, and then around 2000 I gradually introduced open source and Linux as a server environment into the company I work for, now the business is thriving and at a fraction of the cost of some other platform vendors.

Thought this would be a good place to exchange some war stories, and maybe find some like-minded people who I could chat through different ideas with, and see what other people are doing with Linux.

Happy to chat with anyone!

see you around the forums

Matt
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Thank you all for introducing yourselves. to the community.

I can't wait to see your contributions and learn more about all of you.
  • friTTe
    friTTe Posts: 19
    Well hello everyone. :)

Fredrik over here, swedish guy that just turned 30.
    Started my Linux journey with Ubuntu (came from XP) stayed with that for a while.
    Distrohopped a bit and tried out some different ones, used Crunchbang for pretty a prety long time.
    Then i went to a clean Debian installation and loved it :) and since then ive stayed with Debian based stuff, love the feeling of clean packages and the snappiness.
    Atm im kinda lazy so my main desktop @ home and my laptop is running Mint Debian Edition, just felt i wanted an easy to use straight out of the box experience, but planning on running a dualboot with Sabayon.

Other than Debian im interested in the free dist gNewSense that currently is Ubuntu based but the upcoming release will be Debian based.
    Like the feling of beeing able to choose a complete free one, most things worked liked supposed except the rar for packages, but that seems to be a high priority thing to get taken care of.

So basically this is some of what im about =) a swedish Debian based guy that spends alot of time online.

See you around guys.
  • Kayd
    Kayd Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

My name is Jordi and I'm from Barcelona (Spain). I'm new around here and because I'm getting more and more interested in open source software everyday I just decided to take the logic step of migrating to linux. The truth is I tried in the past but... after years of using different releases of windows it wasn't as easy as I had thought. I hope this time will be for good.

I'm definitely starting with ubuntu and we'll see how well I manage to get used to it.

See you guys around.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Welcome to the Linux.com Forums Jordi.
  • marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Wow! Another Barcelona user! :) "Benvingut Jordi!" which stands for "Welcome Jordi!"
  • anand44
    anand44 Posts: 11
    Hi, my name is Anand Kumar from New Delhi ,India. I am a student . I joined Linux.com because I really like Linux. I am using Linux for more than 4 years. I still remember the first time when I installed Ubuntu I was very scared at that time & also I didn't know anything about it at that time.After that I used several Distro like Linux Mint( my favorite), Fedora, OpenSuse, PCLOS, Kubuntu, Knoppix, Slax. I am now planning to make a career in Linux Administration for that I am preparing for RHCE & of course LINUX.COM is helping me a lot.
  • Goineasy9
    Welcome to the linux.com forums Anand.
  • mpalmeruk
    mpalmeruk Posts: 26
    Hi Anand,

Welcome to Linux.com. Its a really friendly site with a great selection of groups and forums to help you on your journey to becoming more familiar with Linux.

I hope you enjoy the variety of different posts people contribute.

Best Regards

Matt
  • Debtor for the welcome. My name is Gileade Os√©ias.
    I am here in the community to gain knowledge and to help to expand linux in my territory.
    Already use linux the times and always I desired to enter in a community as this, full of knowledge.:side:
  • Goineasy9
    Welcome to the party Gileade.
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    Welcome Gileade Oseias
  • saqman2060
    Welcome Fredrick Anderson,

I'm 30 as well and I like all ubuntu/debian based distros too. Hope you enjoy yourself on this site.
  • ok :woohoo:
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    To all new members,
    Welcome to the site, I look forward to learning more about you, your skills and your needs. The community welcomes all new members.
  • Thanks for the support......
  • Lman
    Lman Posts: 52
    Hi I'm Logan. I grew up on a farm out in the middle of nowhere and I am still on a farm out in the middle of nowhere finishing high school lol. I have always liked computers and I like to fix computers for people and I hope to make it my career one day. I love Linux in the fact that it's free, and some of the tools coded to the live CDs are really helpful! I don't know how I went without it!
    :)
  • saqman2060
    Lman wrote:
    Hi I'm Logan. I grew up on a farm out in the middle of nowhere and I am still on a farm out in the middle of nowhere finishing high school lol. I have always liked computers and I like to fix computers for people and I hope to make it my career one day. I love Linux in the fact that it's free, and some of the tools coded to the live CDs are really helpful! I don't know how I went without it!
    :)

You and me both
  • Thanks. I'll look for good eating!

Categories

Upcoming Training