Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How does one search this forum by poster?

I've been getting these New Friend Requests but I don't make friends that easily. I would at least like to see what the person has been posting on this site. The search functions on this never find anything. Why not??? (Try searching for anyone but yourself and see).

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    The users have the option to share their forum and site activities on the profile, but it is optional. Generally with any social networking feature it is a good rule of hand to only "friend" people that you know, so if you don't know the people there is no harm in denying their friend request.
  • saqman2060
    saqman2060 Posts: 777
    If you want to find out what what someones been up to in this site, just click there user icon. It will bring you to there profile and you can scroll through it to see their activities. Or, you can google them by placing a "+" followed by their email user name to see what they have been doing.
  • asedt
    asedt Posts: 96
    I don't think you can.

I have tested to use the forum search and the page search without success.
    And default settings on profiles is to only share with friends. (good for privacy)

You can use Google with quite good results:
    "aron" site:linux.com/community/forums

Replace aron with username.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    The privacy features are nice, but can restrict people from researching the experience of those answering those questions. The google search option is the best option for general searches and it is pretty well up-to-date because the google spiders scan this site regularly.

Categories

Upcoming Training