Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Mediatomb Mysql Socket!

Options

I have installed mediatomb on my Linux From Scratch server. I have compiled it to use mysql not msqlite as i don't want to have multiple database servers running. My problem is that when i execute mediatomb i get this:

2011-04-07 08:43:48 ERROR: The connection to the MySQL database has failed: mysql_error (2002): "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)"

My mysql socket is set to /var/lib/mysql in the config file. I have no problem connecting to this via mysql client on the system. I need to know how to configure mediatomb to use that file.

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• marc
    marc Posts: 647
    Options
  • 5slight
    5slight Posts: 10
    Options
    I have read most of the manual thats relevant i think. i can't find anything referring to mysql sockets. I have managed to get it to work by making my mysql server start using /tmp/mysql.sock. Is this a sensible idea or should i continue to find a way to make mediatomb use a different socket?

Also my next problem is making my clients find it. If i disable iptables i can get it to find it and play something then i can re-enable iptables and it will continue to play. I think this is to do with the protocol igmp.
    # Enable Mediatomb
    $ip -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 49152 -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 49152 -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 49152 -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 49152 -j ACCEPT

$ip -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 1900 -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 1900 -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1900 -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 1900 -j ACCEPT

$ip -A INPUT -p igmp -j ACCEPT
    $ip -A OUTPUT -p igmp -j ACCEPT

When i check the status igmp doesn't show!

Categories

Upcoming Training