Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Collaboration Summit

ben
ben Posts: 134

I cannot attend to the annual Collaboration Summit even if I'd like to be there with all of you.

I've already subscribed to live streaming event to see at least Jim Zemlin intro, I'll miss all of you, chatting or exchanging ideas is important but talking each other face to face it's even better.

I hope I'll get more opportunities for the next year but in the meantime I'm trying to get some contacts if a conference call or something like that is possible.

Cheers

Ben

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I agree, I am a little bummed that you will not be there. Hopefully you will be able to call in for the planning meeting.
  • ben
    We've spent more than an year discussing about this and it's a pity to give up. I've mailed Jennifer to ask her if there's something else on streaming, I've submitted my data for Day One (Jim) and it could be fun to hear something else from day two and three.
    I may use Skype or whatever you want to hear you if needed, maybe it's better and cheaper than an international call, TimeZone may kill me (there're only 9 hours...) but it could be fun.

Just to be serious for a little bit: have you decided arguments or something to say on friday ? do you want my opinion or do you prefer to have something in agenda ?

I guess you're not in the Bay Area yet... it's 5.00am and you're replying in a forum :-)

Cheers
    Ben
  • mfillpot
    I am still at home, I will be leaving in a few hours. The mods have a wishlist of topics, but the actual agenda will be made by Jennifer.

I recommend checking with Jennifer to see if she can setup a skype or googletalk connection for you to call in.
  • ben
    I'm watching day one keynote presentation held by Jim Zemlin, audio is muted from the beginning and video goes away sometimes, I've seen few slides but I don't give up. maybe I'll look at the slides later on when they're published, live streming is not so cute unfortunately...
  • ben
    Little update, after just an hour I was able to hear some audio as well. In the first audio/video stream I've had I was able to listen Andrew Morton during a debate.
    connection wasn't so stable (a drop every 10-15min) but maybe it could depend from my poor DSL line or due to the distance, but at least getting something is always better than nothing :-)
  • mfillpot
    The error was not just for you, they were having a issue with the stream. Hopefully the LF will post videos from the presentations online again tis year so you can catch the entire presentations.

Categories

Upcoming Training