Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

No installation

Whenever I try to install Mandriva Free 2009.0, it fails. That is to say, the installation does not report any errors, but on start-up it says that it can't find some directories. Is the installation simply failing to properly initialize the system, is there something wrong with the way I have the booting set up, or could it be that my Mandriva disk is flawed?

Comments

• vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    Sven,

In the past, when I've experienced installations that went well and then would not boot, it has been corrupted data on the iso disk that caused it. Did you md5sum the download before burning your CD? And did you burn at the slowest speed?

I would re-download your Mandriva (make sure you're getting the correct type for your system). Check the download integrity using the md5sum command from terminal. The md5sum data is usually on the server where you got the download. Burn a new CD image at the slowest speed. Then try to install the operating system.

See how that goes.

Luck with it...

~Eric
  • abrenar
    abrenar Posts: 117
    I also tried to install mandriva in my virtual box, but after a 30 minutes installation and question and answer portions, i try to log in to the screen then the Distro is asking me to download a package i dont have a lot internet access here in office thats why i didnt download it, any idea what's that package is for? and if i didnt download it i cant log in and the prompts restarted asking me again to log in.
  • mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 11
    abrenar wrote:
    any idea what's that package is for? and if i didnt download it i cant log in and the prompts restarted asking me again to log in.

Well, if you don't tell us the package name, how can we help you?
  • mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 11
    sven.hakonsson wrote:
    Is the installation simply failing to properly initialize the system, is there something wrong with the way I have the booting set up, or could it be that my Mandriva disk is flawed?

what does dmesg say?

Categories

Upcoming Training