Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Understanding the Linux kernel development

Hello,

I just posted on a general "Software Development" forum about open technology that trivializes handling architecturally or otherwise structured code blocks dynamically.

I would like to understand the guidance challenges in critical Kernel sections as well as not-so-critical yet often modified portions of parametrized values to alter the kernel build.

This technology allows flexible use of recognizing and guiding about architectural structures (such as kernel-scheduler) that can be tailored independently even by the very novice Linuxians, who just happen to understand scheduling perfectly and know exactly what parameters or alterations the scheduler requires to suit for their embedded/real-time usage.

I hope I can get somewhat active dialogue around the subject, as while the technology is open and platform-agnostic, we have little understanding about Linux kernel development on our own. We understand operating systems and their architectural structures, but we need someone with experience on Linux Kernel, who can show the reference implementations that we can then together help to abstract out.

Br,

Kalle

Comments

• jabirali
    jabirali Posts: 157
    Most Linux forums are dominated not by kernel developers, but by other programmers, system administrators, hobbyists and some casual users. I must admit that I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish, but anyhow I think you might have more luck by contacting some developers directly at #kernel.org (irc.freenode.net).
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Go to www.kernel.org
  • kallex
    kallex Posts: 4
    Thanks, will check there.

Kalle

Categories

Upcoming Training