Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Updating Karma

Dear Moderators,

I was going thru some of the posts in Getting Started with Linux" Section

I clicked on applaud to update the karma of one person and then when I did it to update the karma of another good reply I was told that I could update only one karma in every 6 hours.

I have a suggestion here :

you can keep this policy for un-registered user (if you are allowing unregistered users to update karma ofcourse)

But in case of registered users you can have a different policy like every registered user can update as many karma as they want but they cannot repeat it on a same reply.

Because a person like me is able to see the forum once in a 6-7 days.

Please think it over and also reply if there is any loop in the suggestion made.

Thanks & Regards

Chaitanya Parekh

Enjay - Bhilad

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Thank you for this recommendation, I will discuss this with the site moderators and admins to see how we can change the system to allow registered users adequate capabilities to show their appreciation.

On another note, I will be moving this topic to a more appropriate section of the forum.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I think something is amiss with the site, I just got one those same messages when I was trying to remove a post. And, I agree, it would be a good idea to review this restriction for those users who want to participate more. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Categories

Upcoming Training