Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How do I make terminal thumbnails on desktop?

OK I'm new to Linux, but i find myself catching on pretty well. My Os is Linux Fedora Gnome. Today and yesterday while I was using my desktop I accidentally did something that shrunk all the terminals open and turned them into thumbnails. All lined up across the desktop. I thought it was super cool and very helpful when using aircrack. Does anyone know what I did to do it? Ive asked a couple buddies that use Linux and they said they have no idea, I have done a google search and found nothing but Terminator, but it doesnt look like what mines doing.

Comments

• roobal
    roobal Posts: 25
    Do you use Compiz?
  • Not that i know of. If the Gnome package a I downloaded came with it maybe. Im using a laptop if that helps, It seems to happen when I use the track pad on it.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I've never seen what you are describing except in gnome-shell, and I don't think you can accidently enable that. Can you provide a screenshot?
  • I figured it out, I guess its part of the Gnome GUI. When I move my cursor to the upper right corner it turns all the windows I have open into Thumbnails. Very cool. Thanks for the help one the less.
  • roobal
    roobal Posts: 25
    Hogwarts_Champion wrote:
    I figured it out, I guess its part of the Gnome GUI. When I move my cursor to the upper right corner it turns all the windows I have open into Thumbnails. Very cool. Thanks for the help one the less.

So, you use Compiz and that is a Scale plugin ;)

Categories

Upcoming Training