Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Common directories for windows and linux

Options

Hello.

Yesterday I have installed in my laptop Linux operating system Ubuntu. I still have Windows 7 on computer, I only choose which operating system I want to use when I turn on computer. But the problem is that when I'm using Ubuntu I have only 17 GB space on HD(full is 250 GB). I also cannot access other files such as music or films that are on HD (outside of those 17 GB).

I know that on Ubuntu cannot launch programs that work on Windows, but is there any way that I have a common folder, that can I access both from Windows and Ubuntu? In this folder I would have only music and films and that stuff...

Thank you very much for answers.

Nice day.

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Ubuntu and all Linux based distros can easily read all attached hard drives including your windows partitions. In ubuntu you only need to go to Places and click on the hard drive that is storing the files you wish to access.
  • rok0191
    Options
    Thank you very much. I didn't know that it is in directory "host".

Thanks for help
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    You are welcome for the assistance.

I did not specify a disk name because I a wubi based installation such as your lists the host partition as host, but when doing a physical installation your windows partitions will be listed with the names you assigned them in windows.

Categories

Upcoming Training