Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Firewire - How to

Can anyone explainme how to configure the firewire port on my ACER laptop so that I can attach my T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 and use it to create a DAW with this machine?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Firewire drivers are already present in the kernel. Maybe you would like to restate your question with a lot more info. What exactly are you trying to do and specifically what hardware is on your Acer laptop.
  • I don't know way you need to configure your firewall for what assumes to be a hardware device. Please explain in more detail what you are trying to accomplish.
  • Hi,
    My laptop is an old Acer Aspire 3020 with built-in firewire port. I have installed and running Ubuntu Studio 10.10. I also installed jack , ffado-mixer-qt4 - ffado tools - ffado-bus-server - jackd2-firewire libffado2.

I have also added this line, RAW 1394, on etc/modules so this should load 1394 in the kernel.
    Sudo modprobe RAW1394 gives no reply (is this correct)

Still my soundcard is not recognized . It's a T.C. Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 which it's supposed to work under ffado.

What else do you need to get me on the right way to configure everything so that I can hear music with this machine?

Thanks in advance to all
  • Hmm, normally I would expect it to be auto recognized. Do USB devices get recognized when plugged in? Even like USB keyboards or mice?

Ubuntu should have support for hotplug already. Let us know if USB devices work so we can narrow it down to a firewire issue or a system issue.
  • hi,
    yes all usb devices are recognized. either usb sticks .. and even a usb plantronics headset (with micro) which was more difficult to get if fully recognized. usb mice are working ok ..

Thanks

Categories

Upcoming Training