Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Publish Multi Web Site With On Public IP&One Port

hi

I have one Windows 2003 Web Server(IIS 6) in my Lan with a private ip and i use one Linux server for squid and for nat internal computers with private ip over to one public ip for access to internet .

In my web server is multi web site that i must publish this web sites to internet for access internet users.

How i can publish all my web sites to internet with one public ip and default web port of TCP 80 .

thanks

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Please do not post your question in multiple threads on this site, I am removing all of you other posts.

One thread is all that you need, it keeps the information localized to expedite your resolution.
  • mfillpot
    The answer to your question is located at http://web.mit.edu/rhel-doc/4/RH-DOCS/rhel-sg-en-4/s1-firewall-ipt-fwd.html , you need to configure iptables to forward the port 80 traffic to your desired host.
  • sorry for post my question in multiple threads on this site.

but Link: (web.mit.edu/rhel-doc/4/RH-DOCS/rhel-sg-e...rewall-ipt-fwd.html) is not available.
  • mfillpot
    sorry the site connected the comma following the link into the link address the correct address is
    http://web.mit.edu/rhel-doc/4/RH-DOCS/rhel-sg-en-4/s1-firewall-ipt-fwd.html
  • hi

but i can not publish more than one web site on default port 80 with your solution .

please let me another solution

thanks
  • mfillpot
    If you want separate sites you will have to set them on different ports so they are separated, the DNS lookup is based upon ip address and port. How would you have gone about separating the dns entries for the two sites on one IP and port?
  • You can use feature of ( Host Header Name ) in microsoft ISA server for publish muti internal web site with one public ip on default www port 80 .

How i can this publishing in squid ?
  • mfillpot
    navidnmc wrote:
    You can use feature of ( Host Header Name ) in microsoft ISA server for publish muti internal web site with one public ip on default www port 80 .

How i can this publishing in squid ?

That functionality is foreign to me since I prefer not to use any ms products unless I have no other choices. It just doesn't sound right using a proxy to publish websites since the websites are served through a webserver not the proxy server, now if you mean that you are using the caching capability of a proxy server to serve the cached sites then your resolution would be within your internal routing and network setup more than the software.

Categories

Upcoming Training