Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Cleaning of .AppleDouble

hi! everyone.. i just want to ask how can i clean the .AppleDouble (dotAppleDouble)? because i cannot transfer the file to other storage because of .AppleDouble. i hope theres a script to clean this.. i hope anyone can help me.. THANK YOU..

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Why would you be trying to clean up an .AppleDouble Apple based file using Linux? Is this a hidden folder in your /home directory? If it is and you have a dual boot with OS X or another version of the Apple operating system, you might need to leave it alone. I don't know because you gave us very little information to go on.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Goineasy9 wrote:
    Why would you be trying to clean up an .AppleDouble Apple based file using Linux? Is this a hidden folder in your /home directory? If it is and you have a dual boot with OS X or another version of the Apple operating system, you might need to leave it alone. I don't know because you gave us very little information to go on.

I was thinking along the same lines, if it is in a Linux based installation can you please tell us what application made the file?
  • actually i have a Samba server.. all data from macintosh transfer to my Samba Server (login anyone) then from Samba Server i transfer the data to my Network Attached Storage (NAS) the one of my backup server. if i can do that they have a problem cannot transfer the data because of .AppleDouble the error is no such a file. thats why i need to manual remove but i cannot see any .AppleDouble.. i hope they have a way i can remove easy the .AppleDouble.
  • Can you take a snapshot of the .AppleDouble error and post it here so we all can take a closer look at it?

Categories

Upcoming Training