Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Fedora hidden items

Hi all,

I am using Ubuntu and new to Fedora.

I noticed that Fedora has some hidden items (SELinux management, control center), however on the command line u can always find these items but u have to know the command name.

anyone can tell me a short cut to those command names that r hidden and useful for admin activities?

Thanks a lot...

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Are the directories that contain them in the output of "echo $PATH"?

If that is the case then your user is not set to index the contents of those directories most likely because they are in sbin directories which are generally restricted to administrative users such as root.
  • Vandal
    Vandal Posts: 17
    Well, I am sorry, maybe I was not clear..

So what I mean by hidden is being hidden in the GUI, at the main menu, however, when I find the specific command of the control center (), or network configuration command (system-config-network), they easily pop out, but I can't find them in the main menu.. there is no shortcut for them...

Also, for example, how can modify the main menu? how can I add new items?
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    As root in a terminal:
    yum install alacarte
    I don't know why fedora omitted the Main Menu app, it's one of the first things I add after a fresh install.

If you right click onto the app and choose preferences in alacarte it will show you command that's called from the menu.

Categories

Upcoming Training