Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux mint 10 internet issues, please help?

Options

I recently installed Linux mint 10 everything is working fine except the Internet connection, it will connect and work for about 5 minutes. It stays connected but it refuses to load any pages or connect to Anything needing the Internet it gives me an error page saying server timed out. I have to disconnect and restart my computer to get it to work again for another 5 minutes. I have tried everything I could find on the Internet, I've input iwconfig and Eveything seems ok, it's just weird how it connects then drops. Please any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me mad....... I'm using A samsung N130 with intel atom processor.

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    It sounds like you either your firewall is blocking the traffic or your system may not be able to contact a dns server.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Since you stated that you checked it out using iwconfig, I'm assuming it's the wifi that's giving you a problem. Does it also drop connections and time out when you use a wired connection? I've read that the Samsung N130 has more problems with wifi when the wireless router is farther away. Fifteen feet from the router it seems to do okay, but 50 feet it strains to keep the buffer filled. You might want to experiment with router distance, and/or see if you have the same problems when it's attached to the network with an ethernet cable.

Categories

Upcoming Training