Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Mbuni:anyone has ever used it?

Hi everybody

I started using Linux distributions 1 year ago and after learning about the existence

of Mbuni, an Open Source Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) gateway,i started to use it in order to create a VAS GW.

If any of you has ever used it and has some experience,maybe i can ask him a couple of questions? Problem is there's no so much documentation about it on the internet and i could not get any answer on the proper website.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this kind of question,and in that case no problem if admins move it in the proper place.

Thanks in advance for your help =)

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I have not heard or or used mbuni, but that doesn't mean that I cannot help.

Please post your question here and we will do our best to assist.
  • Thanks =)

Ok,first of all this is the Mbuni website: http://www.mbuni.org/index.shtml

What i need is to send a fake mms to the VAS Gateway,and this mms shall be stored in my MYSQL database (i already succeeded in sending a sms using Kannel,which must be used together with Mbuni for mms).

I created the configuration file with all the necesary groups,then run in separate shells :
    1)bearerbox(kannel)
    2)smsbox(kannel)
    3)wapbox(kannel)
    4)mmsbox(mbuni)

and everything seems to work fine,i mean no errors in the debug.

Problem, is,when i check in my Mysql database there're no mms but just a message which tells me i received a message in format of a mms;also,no image and text of the mms are displayed in the php test file i created in order to display the mms content (it means i can't open the file,it gives me error).

I'm sorry if this is not clear, but it's a little complex if you don't have already tried using Kannel (an other Free source application for Linux to send sms) and i'm still new with this.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I am familiar with mysql and databases but not kannel, are you sure that you are viewing the correct tables and that the message itself it not encrypted or stored as a blob?
  • In my opinion the problem doesn't concern the database,but the ports used to set a track input/output for mms i send.

That's because in the test php file i told you about before,text and image contained in the mms shoul be displayed but this doesn't happen.

Categories

Upcoming Training