Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

applications

I had windows XP then got some viruses I lost my google page so I had linux/ubuntu install now I can't open any files I down load .................I am trying to hook my printer up and have to find a driver so I can do this but I can't open any files hope you can help

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    You have 2 choices:
    1) Find the system-config-printer app in your system menu. I use fedora and it just say Printers in the menu. I've successfully set up printers using that app.
    2) Point you browser to http://localhost:631/admin and install you printer using CUPS.

Either way, you get to the same place. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    bro101112 wrote:
    I had windows XP then got some viruses I lost my google page so I had linux/ubuntu install now I can't open any files I down load .................I am trying to hook my printer up and have to find a driver so I can do this but I can't open any files hope you can help

GoinEasy9 is correct about using cups to setup your printer, if you are using an HP printer then it may be beneficial to use hplips.

As for the file association you must set the file associations for them to be remembered, the best way is to download the files, right click choose Properties then Open With tab.

Categories

Upcoming Training