Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

ubuntu saves the day

hoggie
hoggie Posts: 1

i have ubuntu,vista dual boot (use ubuntu most), and have taken/moved files many times between the two.

a friend who's pc was showing No OS found at start-up and would not repair from the windows disk.

he had all his sons work,music,photos and much more he had never backed up.

so i installed ubuntu on his pc and went on a search finding all his files on the hard drive that he thought where lost.

i have joined this forum to say Thank You

PS he now has ubuntu dual boot and loves the new found speed of his pc lol

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Success stories are always appreciated. I think at one time or another we've all used live Linux CD's to save data from a dying Windows machine. What's really nice was that you installed it onto his computer, and, he now has a safe alternative to Windows running. \o/ yah \o/
  • itbcn8
    itbcn8 Posts: 23
    Wow, same thing happened to me this week. My roomate has a Dell Latitude D610 and his XP has just got OVERRUN by viruses... So he was freaking out about loosing all his files and photos UNTIL UBUNTU SAVED THE DAY :)

Like for you, Ubuntu installed flawlessly, quickly, and was able to recover all his files. :) Now he uses Linux Mint as his primary and is finding less and less reason to use XP. :) YAY.

THANKS UBUNTU.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I use the ubuntu live disk often for repairs to scp the files from an infected windows computer to a backup server prior to reinstalling the files and OS. In fact I am doing it again right now and have another 3 horribly hosed windows comps to fix with the same method.

Categories

Upcoming Training