Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

custom gnome3 appearance

Hi, I installed gnome3-session, gnome-shell and gdm3 in Debian GNU/Linux unstable. Now I want to write some modifications limited to appearance and perhaps the applications menu. Are there some howtos around?

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Wow, nice info in that link, thanks. I was wondering how to customize gnome-shell.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Great link, however do you know of any GUI tools that can simplify the reconfiguration process?
  • Jinux
    Jinux Posts: 20
    I don't believe there is one. I think the best way would just be to make the configuration themeable. It's much like when people ask for a GUI to configure Conky, it's just not part of the scheme. Somebody may write one in future though :)
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I've been playing with gnome-shell in Fedora 13 & 14. Fedora 14 (branched from rawhide) contains the 2.31 version. Most of the folks I know who are using gnome-shell are installing different types of dockys to customize it. I'm just trying to use it on a stable surface. I really needs personalization, and I'm sure it will eventually have utilities for that, but the location of the css files was an interesting find, I was looking more for the gui utilities myself, I guess one could write a utility that manipulates the css. But, until then, I can't wait to play with the css.

Categories

Upcoming Training