Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

how to install drivers before Suse is installed

Options

I have tried to install Ubuntu and Suse and the install tells me I need to install drivers before the rest of the install will start. How do I do this?

Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5038

Here are the windows drivers. Where do I get the Linux drivers?

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)(v62.1176.812.2009; 10-29-2009; 22.84M)

ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.10 for Satellite/Satellite Pro L500/L505/L515(v1.10; 12-07-2009; 8.87M)

Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7 (32/64)(v2007.1.1002.2009; 05-12-2010; 18.29M)

I have installed Linux about 12 times before and never came up with this, Please help.

Thank you

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Which distro asked you to install the drivers first? This will help because then we will know what documentation and manuals to search for an answer.
  • david57
    david57 Posts: 8
    Options
    opensuse 11.3

Thank you
  • mfillpot
    Options
    This is definitely weird because I have never seen a Linux based distro ask for drivers on boot, that more more of a windows function.

I cannot seem to find any other occurrences of this behavior on the web. Would you be able to write down the exact message or provide a picture of the screen when the error message populated so we can search for the exact message?
  • david57
    Options
    Thank you mfilpot

Here are some photos on a document.
  • david57
    Options
    trying the photo again
  • david57
    Options
    I shrunk the photo again

In case the photo wont upload here is the message...

You can leave linuxre only via
    "Start Installation or System"
    You may need to load some drivers (modules) to support your hardwear
  • david57
    Options
    This site is hard to put a photo on. Here I will try again.
  • mfillpot
    Options
    I recommend uploading the photo to http://imageshack.us/, then pasting the forum thumbnail code here so we can be easily linked to the full size photo.
  • david57
    Options
    errorl.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you
  • mfillpot
    Options
    Thank you for the prompt reply, the error message gave me exactly what we needed.

Per a post from http://fixunix.com/networking/11441-linux-problem.html, this user had the issue where their sata chipset was not supported by suse, but changing the device in BIOS to IDE emulation corrected the issue, please try that and tell us if the error continues.
  • david57
    Options
    Thank you I will start to research this now.

Categories

Upcoming Training