Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lexmark X75 All-in-One driver?

Anyone out there in Linux Land know how to make this stupid printer/scanner work in either Mint, Fedora, Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, or MEPIS?

I'm getting to the point where I hate Lexmark more than I even used to. At least my HP3900 gets recognized with all these versions (not sure about MEPIS, yet).

lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 043d:0069 Lexmark International, Inc. X74/X75 Printer

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 043d:0060 Lexmark International, Inc. X74/X75 Scanner

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 043d:0061 Lexmark International, Inc. X74 Hub

dmesg:

usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 5 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x043D pid 0x0069

xsane:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x043d, product=0x0060, chip=rts8858c) at libusb:002:003

Lee:blink:

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Lee

Lexmark printers are notorious for not working with linux, but, I found this pdf, see if it has some info you can use.

http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/print_drivers/en/ug.pdf
  • That link was helpful, bit it still never gave me the driver. The driver link in the document was broken... Still, I appreciate your help.

I live near Lexington and have worked there approximately half of my life. Lexmark (IBM) has always been closed mouthed and sometimes even downright [ul]disgraceful [/ul]in their dealings with the public, so I really didn't expect much.

I even posted a request for assistance from their tech support and the dumba** who responded apparently didn't even read my question thoroughly before responding. I got directed to a page to which I'd already been which only has links for Winduhs drivers.

I responded by telling them that from now on I think I'll just buy HP. That ought to stir them up!

~Lee
  • Goineasy9
    Hi Lee,
    LOL...the "ads by Google" below your post was for a free download of Lexmark drivers. Coincidence... or is Google that good? But I'm sure they were for Windows drivers not Linux, I didn't look. At work, the corporations always seem to buy Lexmark to go along with their Windows programs and their Citrix servers, and as always, the folks who are installing them tell me it's a waste of time trying to get them to work with anything but windows.
    It's too bad, when you first asked, I thought their attitude had changed, but the more I look into the threads that come up, it seems that no one has any luck with getting their drivers to work with Linux. IBM is so pro Open Source these days, I can't believe they continue with this policy.
    Well, I write enough emails for other causes, I guess I can add another. If I get a response I'll let you know.
    Geez, when I found that pdf relating to the setup with Unix, I thought there was a solution. (OK, gonna calm down now and write my email).

Take care
    Tom
  • mroofus
    mroofus Posts: 1
    So I'm totally behind by 8 months-but I just ran into the same issue. I pulled up that pdf file & it does direct you to Lexmark's website. BUT here's a solution:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&locale=en&productCode=&segment=DOWNLOAD&actp=CONTENT&userlocale=EN_US&id=DR15629

in the pdf it speaks of a file to download (link above)

When you go to Lexmark's website seach for that particular file:

print-drivers-linux-glibc2-x86.deb

:)
  • Goineasy9
    Since the thread started, Lexmark has released many Linux drivers for their printers.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=home&locale=en&userlocale=EN_US &segment=DOWNLOAD

Using that link to search for a printer model may or may not include a driver that works with Linux.

Categories

Upcoming Training