Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Wifi Connection Problem

I'm having a problem connecting to wifi with Ubuntu. It detects the wifi, but will not let me log on. Any suggestions?

-Andy

Comments

• Universe
    Universe Posts: 3
    Hi,

Try using " wifi-radar ". If its not available in your repository, download it from some where. It will allow you to select your wireless network, enter WEP key, and switching to network available. More details can be found here:

packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/wifi-radar

Best Regards,

Syed Muhammad Shahbaz
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 158
    can you include the output of the command
    sudo iwlist scan
  • altNull
    altNull Posts: 65
    The command line route is the best for learning the capabilities of Linux, but it gets tedious if your just trying to check email and not *cough* doing something fun *cough*cough*. For this I recommend wicd - it works on every platform and distro I have tried and it can even do hardware work arounds for laptops that have wifi "buttons". If you need drivers for you wifi card, then check out the wireless page at kernel.org.

If that still doesn't work, then post more details here or head over to an IRC channel.
  • adnhack
    adnhack Posts: 16
    start we the easy part (...and maybe is a little fool but) check for your password... if this not work, try to access to a public and unprotected network. If it detect the wifi and other networks maybe is something wrong with your password, or pass encryption ...
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    It would be interesting if the OP responded back, it's been over 3 weeks.

Categories

Upcoming Training