Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

ATI Radeon HD 4350

shadesia
shadesia Posts: 9

I'm looking for right driver of this GPU for Fedora 13.

I've tried the driver provided from ATI like version 10.6 but it's not working now.

can anybody tell me where I can get this driver?

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    If the official driver from the manufacturer keeps crashing then it is best to report the bugs to them rather than looking for an alternate download. You can report the bugs at http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/.

However I would also like to request that you state you exact issues and report updates to us here so that other member can attempt to help find a solution while ATI is also working on the issue.

Until it is fixed you can remove the ATI driver and use the X11 driver for you card which is stable and should work for most non-intense needs.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    In Fedora 13 ATI proprietary graphics don't work. That is because Fedora is already using Xorg 1.8, and, though some hacks have been made with other distros, none have been ported to Fedora. Since RedHat/Fedora is busy supporting those who are developing the Open Source version of the drivers, i.e., Radeon for ATI and Nouveau for Nvidia, they are not interested in hacking fgrlx so it works with the updated Xorg. BTW - The Radeon Open Source driver works to render 3D very well here. I have boxes with Intel, Nvidia and ATI graphics cards, and, have not had to install a proprietary driver to achieve accelerated 3D graphics.
    If, in fact, you need to use ATI's fgrlx, I hear that it now works with Fedora 12, which uses an older Xorg.

BTW - try "yum install mesa-dri-drivers-experimental" and see just how good the Open Source drivers really are.
  • shadesia
    shadesia Posts: 9
    that's what I'm doing. I've just reinstalled fedora 12 and used that fgrlx.
    but it's kind a much work, is that possible if I install drivers by using wine or something like that?
  • Goineasy9
    No, installing drivers with wine is an exercise in futility.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I agree wine will be unable to apply changes to the kernel level so that will not work. If you want to use the proprietary drivers you would be best to switch distros.
  • Goineasy9
    Post #2 in the thread in the link below is a how-to to use fgrlx to install ATI proprietary drivers. If followed correctly, with all the steps followed, it has a high degree of success on F12. If you feel that these directions are too difficult, as mfillpot said, you should be using another distro, that isn't so bleeding edge, and one that has an older Xorg that allows for easier installation of proprietary drivers.

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=155503

Categories

Upcoming Training