Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Installing Drivers for Wireless USB Adapter

Options
jt23
jt23 Posts: 2

Hello I just Installed the latest version of ubuntu on my computer last night and was trying to install drivers for a linksys wusb100 which is a wireless USB adapter but when I try to add the Cd through the package manager I get an error that says failed to mount the Cd and cannot install the drivers. I'm sure the reason is that the drivers are not compatible with linux but is there any way to get them installed. Also I should add that there is no other operating system installed on the hard drive.

Thanks

Computer Specs

Pentium 4

1 gig ram

80 gig Hdd

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    The other OS is not an issue, the problem is that the wusb100 drivers are not currently built into the linux kernel.

Please checkout the discussion on http://www.linux.com/archive/forums/printtopic/5168?theme=print for information and some steps, if you need further assistance please come back and ask.
  • jt23
    jt23 Posts: 2
    Options
    I followed the link but had trouble trying to figure out exactly what I need to do.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Check the symantic package manger in Ubuntu, search for b43-fwcutter and rt73usb, install both, once of them will work for your card. After you reboot the system your wireless should work.

Categories

Upcoming Training