Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Sony Vaio Wireless Keyboard Driver?

OK, so I found this IR PCVA-IR6U receiver at a yard sale. Neither Windows nor Linux seem to work with it without drivers which I haven't found yet...

dmesg says:

usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2

usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61

lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 80

usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb

lirc_mceusb: USB Microsoft IR Transceiver Driver v0.2

lsusb says:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:006d Microsoft Corp. eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys

BTW, I don't have the keyboard - just the IR box. I was thinking I could use it as a receiver for IR remote to control Rhythmbox or the DVD player...

Comments

• woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    Sounds like you need to get some additional documentation from MS about how to communicate with this device.
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 158
    Everything you need to know is probably located right here:
    http://www.lirc.org/
    http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/

I've read in other forums that people have gotten that receiver to work w/ Linux, and clearly, the kernel is recognising yours. Now it's a matter of getting a config for a transmitter that will work with it.
  • Thank you very much, Adam.
    I went to those two sites and D/L'ed stuff for about an hour. :laugh:
    I'm happier than a pig in S***!

~/Lee
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    So, it sounds like you got it to work! Glad to hear it. Current versions of Linux support a huge variety of hardware, though sometimes you have to do some searching to figure out how far out to stick your tongue to make it work... :-)
  • Actually, no. Not yet, but I think I can get it done now with all of the data I gleaned from those two places and the links.
    I trashed a 1/2 TB HDD yesterday, so I am currently trying to recover all of the data which is(was) stored therein.

~/Lee
  • keyaunty
    keyaunty Posts: 1
    yes i think , you are telling right ...
  • After more extensive searching and experimenting, I have come to the conclusion that the receiver is being recognized by Linux and Windows. The problem I have now is (I think) I need software that translates the input data into commands and redirects them accordingly.

~/Lee

Categories

Upcoming Training