Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

AirPort Admin Utility or AirPort Utility

hi! What linux or Distro have support for AirPort Utility or Airport Admin utility for Macintosh. Theirs a way i can use this to some Distro or Linux? i hope you give me step by step instruction or even a link.. THANK YOU... and GOD BLESS

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    That app is written to apples computers only so it cannot be install in Linux, but a quick search of the ubuntu package rep did pull up that they offer a package of tools to support airport routers called airport-utils (http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/airport-utils). You can probably find something similar on other distros if you search a little.
  • hi! mfillpot THANK YOU for reply:cheer: .. i try to follow that instruction but i didn't know how to use it.. how i can use that aiport-util? i try to type on terminal but didn't work? i home anyone help me.. thank you
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    In ubuntu you can install the suite by typing "sudo apt-get install airport-utils", once that is complete you can try the commands listed in the link under small text based upon the model of airport router you are using.
  • hi! mfillpot THANK YOU again for your reply.. i try to install that.. but i cannot know how to run this program to my ubuntu? this airport-utils they have an icon? :(

Categories

Upcoming Training