Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

why don't we use newer version of ubuntu? On ubuntu forum they tell me to use latest version

Options

I'm very disappointed in these classes. NO linuxfoundation help. I've been asking questions on the official ubuntu site and they this version 18.04 which you suggest using will not be supported in 15 more days.

Warning: Our support for the bionic release of Ubuntu ends in 15 days. After that, we won't answer questions about it or help diagnose problems. Time to consider migrating to a newer release of Ubuntu. –
user535733
48 mins ago

Comments

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190
    Options

I understand your frustration and disappointment regarding the support for the specific version of Ubuntu mentioned in the course. While the course may have recommended using Ubuntu 18.04, it's important to understand that the underlying principles and concepts taught in the course remain relevant regardless of the specific Ubuntu version. Linux Foundation courses typically focus on broader concepts and technologies that transcend specific software versions. Therefore, even if you decide to migrate to a newer release of Ubuntu, the knowledge and skills gained from the course will still be valuable.

If you require assistance or have specific questions related to the migration process or any other Linux-related inquiries, I recommend seeking support from the Ubuntu community forums, official documentation, or engaging with fellow Linux enthusiasts who may have encountered similar situations. The Linux community is known for its helpfulness and willingness to assist fellow users.

Remember, while the course content provides a foundation, it's important to adapt and stay updated with the rapidly evolving technology landscape. Migrating to a supported version of Ubuntu will not only ensure continued support but also enable you to take advantage of the latest features and improvements in the Ubuntu ecosystem.

This forum's focus is on the lab exercises for the course. Bobbi

• randymor
    randymor Posts: 34
    Options

Hi Bobbi, thanks for all your support. I've never been so disappointed in online course in my life. The linuxfountation has gone downhill since the days I used Unix as my one and only operating system. The ubuntu support was fantastic and free. Kind Regards Randy

• randymor
    Options

Gone are the days of installing an Apache server and off you go. :(:(

• randymor
    Options

FYI I got it all installed thanks to you and ubuntu. No HELP from the Linuxfoundation at all:(:(

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190
    Options

Randy, I'm glad to hear that you were able to successfully install Ubuntu with the help provided. However, I'd like to clarify that this forum is actually hosted by the Linux Foundation, and we are here to provide assistance and support.

That being said, if you have any further questions or need assistance with LFS272 related topics, please don't hesitate to ask. The community is here to help you.

Best regards, Bobbi

Categories

Upcoming Training