Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Acceptable Exam Environment

mlk8s
mlk8s Posts: 1
edited March 2023 in LFS258 Class Forum

I have read what-are-the-testing-environment-requirements-to-take-the-exam but I'm not entirely sure what is acceptable.

Currently I have 2 options when it comes to taking the exam, from home or from a meeting room in the office. The testing environment requirements FAQ say candidates will be asked to remove non-décor items. I live in a small apartment without a spare room/home office, behind the desk I use for working from home, in a corner of the apartment, is a big shelving unit that cannot be moved and a coat rack hanging on the wall. On the shelving unit is everything from books to board games to bottles of wine. Will I need to empty the entire shelving unit and remove all coats before taking the exam? Can the selves be covered with a curtain or bed sheet?

The meeting rooms in the office all have windows and there will be people in the office, not the meeting room when taking the exam. Is this an acceptable location to do the exam?

Is a laptop webcam acceptable also?

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

Hi @mlk8s

Please direct all exam-related questions to the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org.

Regards,

Flavia

• colmcd
    colmcd Posts: 1

Can we get an official answer here?

This issue doesn't just effect the poster, but a lot of people find it hard to get access to a white, nondescript room.

I have had to clean out an office meeting room of Whiteboards, electronic boards, Nintendo switch, cushons, etc to do an exam.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887

The exam documentation provides details on acceptable testing environment. For any additional exam-related questions, please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org.

Categories

Upcoming Training