Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

PSI Testing Environment + Keyboard Bindings = Big Problem

Options
apirsig
apirsig Posts: 4
edited February 2023 in LFW211 Class Forum

Hello Support Team,

I have a question regarding the PSI Testing Environment. Yesterday I took my first exam and I passed (Yeeehh).

And now to the bad thing ... I could not figure out how to type certain characters like {} and [] on a german keyboard layout (Mac) through the PSI Secure Browser environment.

I ended up copy pasting the missing characters from the NodeJS documentation ... LOL I should get 10 extra points just for creativity ;-) anyway

I could go on and provide more details but let me tell you this, I lost 15 minutes of my time because of this ...

So right know I'm trying to decide if I'm going to take the JSNSD Exam too but, I'm not sure if I will because implementing REST services with my copy past strategy does not make sense to me ...

Is there a way to have access to a staging environment to test my keyboard layout before I take the next exam? Or is there any other good way to determine that your keyboard will actually work as expected before taking a live exam?

All the best,

Alex

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,904
    Options

Hi @apirsig

Congratulations on passing the exam.

Please direct all exam-related questions to the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. Forums are dedicated to course content-related questions only.

Regards,

Flavia

• apirsig
    apirsig Posts: 4
    edited February 2023
    Options

Okay I will do that, thank you.

• pnts
    pnts Posts: 33
    Options

I passed the exam yesterday. Had the same issue with Alt-gr not working (Swedish keyboard). I lost 30 minutes, was not aware that they didn't stop the timer while troubleshooting with a support technician. I had no issues like this when passing LFCE, LFCS and CKA.

I would advice anybody taking the exam with an international keyboard to expect this. Don't expect to be able to work fast. Don't ask for technical support, they will ask if you have another keyboard and if not, to restart your computer. Just keep calm and try to finish the exam with copy + paste.

I'll do JSNSD later this spring. I think I'll buy a cheap American keyboard, just for the exam.

Otherwise, great course content! I'll especially appreciate being comfortable with the low level APIs when working with frameworks at a higher abstraction level.

Categories

Upcoming Training