Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Petition to get Netflix on Linux

mfillpot
mfillpot Posts: 2,177

Please sign the petition to show Netflix that Linux users are interested in using the steaming media feature on their Linux desktops.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Linflix/

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I signed and I have a Netflix account. I don't use their online viewing feature much (last time was months ago) because it requires my rebooting into Windows.
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 158
    The real issue is the number of companies, like NetFlix that seem to buy into the notion that DRM both thwarts those who would break the law in the first place, and not be a detriment to legitimate users of their products and services. Apple has a particularly bad track record when it comes to using DRM. I'm thinking the real solution, unfortunately, will be to start boycotting those companies.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Adam, I agree about the best solution. However I won't just stop using netflix because I don't agree with one of their optional services when their primary service is sufficient.

DRM is an evil that should be defeated but greed will push it to continue and it will only get worse with time until the consumers speak up, unfortunately most users don't even realize that they are trapped by DRM.
  • aLinuxTV
    aLinuxTV Posts: 4
    That and expand it to other countries like CANADA. I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from Netflix - so I went to sign-up
    - US residents only. :unsure: I signed it.

Categories

Upcoming Training