Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Still unable to connect worker node to cp node

Options

When I execute the "sudo kubeadm join" command on the worker node, I get the following:

[preflight] Running pre-flight checks
error execution phase preflight: couldn't validate the identity of the API Server: Get "https:///api/v1/namespaces/kube-public/configmaps/cluster-info?timeout=10s": net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher

Answers

• taepyongyang
    taepyongyang Posts: 7
    edited November 2022
    Options

I've performed over a dozen times (with 11.08/11.23) as I'm using a temporary Cloud (GCP) lab on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Did this occur while using the kubeadm join verbatim?

grep -A2 join cp.out

sudo kubeadm join <VPC ASSIGNED_IP_OF_CP>:6443 --token <PRINTED_TOKEN> \
        --discovery-token-ca-cert-hash sha256:<MORE_PRINTED_TOKEN>

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @tstaffordsmith,

What type of infrastructure are you on? It seems there is a timeout, that could be caused by a misconfigured firewall. Are you on cloud or local VMs? What OS version, CPU, RAM?

Regards,
    -Chris

• tstaffordsmith
    Options

Already figured this out but thank you

• stmcallister1
    Options

@chrispokorni Hello! I'm experiencing this same issue.

I'm running on AWS. Using the ubuntu-jammy-22.04-amd64-server-20230919 image. 2cpu. 8gb RAM. 20gb storage. I tried to stay as close to the recommendations from the instructor. I believe I have all types of traffic and all ports allowed on both CP and Worker EC2 instances.

What would be the next thing I should look at? Thanks for any help!

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,176
    Options

Hi @stmcallister1,

While the EC2 instance size seems to be adequate, I would recommend using the lab guide recommended OS, that is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
    Are both EC2 instances in the same SG? If not, is traffic allowed between the EC2 instance SGs?

Regards,
    -Chris

• stmcallister1
    Options

Huh. That was it! Using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS instead of 22.04 made all the difference.

Thank you, @chrispokorni!

Categories

Upcoming Training