Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Jenkins install error with Helm

sohaib1khan
sohaib1khan Posts: 2
edited September 2022 in LFS262 Class Forum

Hello everyone,

Could you some please point me to the right direction please? I'm encountering an issue when installing Jenkins with helm on the local Kubernetes cluster.

quick background:
I have set up a local lab with Kubernetes installed using kubeadm.

specs:
Master Node = 1
Worker Node = 3
Memory = 5024
CPU Cores = 4

$ kubectl get nodes
NAME STATUS ROLES AGE VERSION
k8s-master0 Ready control-plane 3d v1.25.1
k8s-worker1 Ready 2d23h v1.25.1
k8s-worker2 Ready 2d22h v1.25.1
k8s-worker3 Ready 2d22h v1.25.1

After I install jenkins using helm, I get the following error when I describe the pod.

$ kubectl describe pod | tail
ConfigMapOptional:
DownwardAPI: true
QoS Class: Burstable
Node-Selectors:
Tolerations: node.kubernetes.io/not-ready:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
node.kubernetes.io/unreachable:NoExecute op=Exists for 300s
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Warning FailedScheduling 12m (x303 over 25h) default-scheduler 0/4 nodes are available: 4 pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims. preemption: 0/4 nodes are available: 4 Preemption is not helpful for scheduling.

So in the meantime, I was able to run Jenkins using docker and was also able to login into the WebUI. The Jenkins docker container is running on a separate machine from the Kubernetes cluster and it's in the same network. Would I be able to still follow along with the course if I have a local lab setup?
As mentioned I have Jenkins setup using docker, not Kubernetes/helm deployment. I have followed Jenkins official document for installation and still get the same error.

https://www.jenkins.io/doc/book/installing/kubernetes/

Would I be able to add my k8s cluster to Jenkins server? I'm not experienced with Jenkins, I'm reading their documentation to get familiar but have paused the LF course. Any help would be appreciated thank you so much in advance!

My current chapter info:

IMPLEMENTING DEVSECOPS (LFS262)

BUILDING A DEVOPS PIPELINE: DevOps Pipeline

Installing Jenkins with Helm
https://trainingportal.linuxfoundation.org/learn/course/implementing-devsecops-lfs262/building-a-devops-pipeline/devops-pipeline?page=1

Best Answer

Answers

Categories

Upcoming Training