Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Tips for Linux Explorers

My friend, Bruno runs an a site that is an excellent source of info for new Linux explorers and veteran penguins. Check it out if you get the chance.

Bruno of Amsterdam --> Tips for Linux Explorers

Also, you can read my blog post here in the Community Blogs area of Linux.com about Bruno:

My Favorite Penguins

Happy exploring!

~Eric

Asst. Admin Scot's Newsletter Forums -- Bruno's All Things Linux

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I have looked over the site and there is some very good information. I can't imagine how long it took to compile all of that.
  • mfillpot wrote:
    I have looked over the site and there is some very good information. I can't imagine how long it took to compile all of that.

I think that all in all it took me 6 or 7 years . . . most of it was because of returning questions on the forum I did moderate and admin for Scot Finnie's in the All Things Linux section. http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com

It simply was easier to write it down once in a simple understanding way for new Linux explorers and link to the pages where they could find the info needed.

It grew a bit larger then I intended in the first place . . . so much info needed, so many questions from explorers.

I was admin at Scotsnewsletter forum for about 7 years . . . and today, well actually yesterday I had to say my farewell to the mod / admin squad because of health reasons. I love Scot's forum it's members and mod squad, so you can imagine what this does to me.

The site http://brunolinux.com and the info on it is secure on FreeBSD + Apache servers and will stay available for at least the next 5 years. I made sure it will.

Note: I hope you understand I will not be able to update the Tips for Linux Explorers anymore like I did up to recently.

B) Bruno
  • mfillpot
    bruno,
    I thank you for your efforts and time, you have covered a good list of topics and I am sure that these tutorial have helped several people and will continue to help more people.

If you are unable to update the Tips webpage I would recommend choosing an apprentice or partner to grant access to the site so the information can remain up-to-date and potential cover additional topics. As we have learned from the Open source community, information is valuable and must continue to evolve; sometimes you must pass the torch to continue to contribute to society and the community in general.
  • vtel57
    vtel57 Posts: 164
    A great loss to the Linux Community... my friend Bruno Knaapen succumbs to his illness...

An Update Regarding Bruno Knaapen

You'll be missed but not forgotten, my friend.

~Eric
  • mfillpot
    I noticed some noise around the internet about Bruno and was wondering if he was one and the same, he will be missed. Did he setup any redundancy plans for his site?
  • vtel57
    His site is being administered by his son-in-law. Its continued existence has been assured for up to five years. There is also a backup version at Scot's Newsletter Forums - Bruno's All Thing Linux. The tips will remain static (no updates), unfortunately.
  • vtel57
    I invite folks to join the newly created Group, Bruno's All Things Linux. Stop by and be a part of the celebration of this man's life and traditions.

Thank you.

~Eric
  • deal

Categories

Upcoming Training