Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Issue with heml install jenkins

kevdoc9
kevdoc9 Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in LFS262 Class Forum

Hello, I've got stuck with the helm install -n ci for jenkins and reverted to a default install So by the time I get to using the forked dso-demo code I'm getting no pipeline.

so there are no resources in ci. but can be found in default

any ideas how I can repair this as when I get to jenkins pipeline I'm presented with this

Answers

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,142

Hi @kevdoc9 , please provide the chapter and page or lab you are doing, so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
    Luis.

• kevdoc9

Hi, it's in chapter 4, Lab 4 pg 20 on the manual. Thank you so much! :)

more precisely...

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,142

Hi @kevdoc9 , I didn't find anything like that in 04. BASICS OF CONTAINER OPERATIONS WITH DOCKER. In the labs file, I see Lab 4. Setting Up Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Lab 4A. Setting Up Continuous Integration with Jenkins (Additional Topics) and Lab 4S. Creating A Pipeline for the NodeJS Result Application (Solution). Which one is the correct?

Regards,
    Luis.

• kevdoc9

Thanks for getting back to me Luis! it's in LFS262 04. Building a DevOps Pipeline -Installing Jenkins with Helm Video at 4min17sec into the vid. I get the errors in the earlier screen shot I sent through to you. Thank you so much for helping :)

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

This post was moved from LFS261 forum to the correct LFS262 Forum.

• gouravshah
    gouravshah Posts: 139

@kevdoc9

can you please upload the screenshot once again as I see it missing from the original post of yours.

Also, can you try redoing the installation and see if this works.

1. You would have to uninstall it first using helm uninstall
    2. Install back with any changes to values.yaml

Let us know if redoing works, also please share the error/screenshot so that we could help you further.

• kevdoc9

hi, apologies for the delay in my reply, just got around to it this morning. Great news as uninstalling and re-doing values.yaml worked perfectly. Pipeline is up and running. I think the issue may have been down to wsi needing a kubernetes library update also. Thank you very much everyone! :)

• gouravshah
    gouravshah Posts: 139

@kevdoc9 thanks for reporting in. Glad that the reinstall helped.

Categories

Upcoming Training