Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

About desktop image of Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS (Focal Fossa) set up

Options

I downloaded the package of Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS (Focal Fossa) following the instruction. However, when I tried to install it, an error occurred
It means no system for installing, and my laptop is IOS. Could you please help me to solve
it?

Answers

• Bobbijn
    Bobbijn Posts: 190
    Options

@joshuali, Hello, Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. The recommended configuration of a development environment for the course is the following:

Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit operating system
    4 GB RAM
    25 GB hard disk space
    2 CPU cores
    If you have a different operating system, it is possible to set up a development environment in a virtual machine or a cloud instance.

Let me know if this helps. Bobbi.

• joshuali
    joshuali Posts: 2
    Options

My computer configuration satisfies these requirements, but it still doesn't work.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    Options

Please excuse my ignorance by Bobbjn pointed out you need Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit operating system, not a Mac OS. If you are running on the Mac you will need to install at least a hypervisor such as Virtual Box or VMWare Fusion etc. as she said

If you have a different operating system, it is possible to set up a development environment in a virtual machine or a cloud instance.<> @joshuali said:

My computer configuration satisfies these requirements, but it still doesn't work.

Categories

Upcoming Training