Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

cri-o and adding nodes to the cluster

Question about this page:

There is a quote:
"If using cri-o the way the server is kept track of does not allow adding nodes. You will need to create a new clusterand pass different options tokubeadm init. More information can be found here: https://kubernetes.io/docs/setup/production-environment/tools/kubeadm/high-availability/#first-steps-for-both-methods"

I followed the link, but I don't see anything on the page talking about how cri-o needs to be handled differently. Can you please provide clarification?

Answers

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @brianmoore,

A set of instructions to install, configure, and run cri-o as a runtime can be found in Chapter 3, under step 6.(b).[i-ix]

The configuration file for the kubeadm init of a cluster running cri-o can be found in the SOLUTIONS tarball - that is the kubeadm-crio.yaml file. Prior to using the file to bootstrap the cri-o cluster I'd recommend validating that it declares the expected pod network, control plane node name registration, control plane endpoint, Kubernetes version. Comparing it with the kubeadm-config.yaml and kubeadm-containerd.yaml may help to locate the desired properties.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training