Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Getting back to the exam after the browser was automatically closed with low bandwidth error.

Last Friday April 1 2022 I took the JSNAD exam and had a horrible experience. After 90 minutes my exam got disconnected with low bandwidth error and the exam client/browser got closed automatically. I verified the bandwidth and had 190 mbps. The same thing happened multiple times before release of the exam. Luckily it was within the 30 minute timeframe so I was able t use the link from Linux foundation site to get back to the setup process. Called support immediately and they were not willing to get me back on to the exam. I got 58 with the lost 30 minutes I would have scored well beyond the required 68. I called support twice they said they would get back to me by Wednesday but never heard from them. I booked the retake and not sure what to do if the same thing happens again. Although I cleared my CKAD/CKA exam had different issues of one hour to get the exams released. Overall very poor experience so far.

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Hi @vtripuraneni ,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that all exam-related issues are resolved by the LF Customer Support Team via a ticket opened in our support system at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org. We do not operate via phone calls. Please open a ticket, and they will assist you.

Regards,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• vtripuraneni
    vtripuraneni Posts: 5
    edited April 2022

Thanks for the prompt reply fcioanca. I did call support they told me a ticket was open and that I would know by Wednesday afternoon why my exam abruptly ended with 30 minutes still available. In reality they never opened the ticket they just gave me my exam confirmation number and told it was ticket#.
    On side intellisense was also not available using vscode I had use ctl space to get limited intellisense. Are we responsible for setting up intellisense. Please let me know

• fcioanca

Hi @vtripuraneni ,

If you called PSI, please note that they do not open tickets on your behalf with the Linux Foundation Customer Support Team - this is your responsibility, and the right course of action if there are issues, as explained in the Candidate handbook. Please go ahead and open a support ticket as advised in my previous post - all exam-related questions must be addressed to the Customer Support team, not asked in the forum. The forum is used exclusively for course-related questions.

Regards,
    Flavia

• Thank you I will do that my apologies for using the wrong forum

• fcioanca

No need to apologize. Good luck with future exams!

• Hi, @vtripuraneni asked about intellisense in Visual Studio Code:

"On side intellisense was also not available using vscode I had use ctl space to get limited intellisense. Are we responsible for setting up intellisense. Please let me know"

I beleive it would be useful to have an answer about that, I will take the exam soon, I would like to know that. Thank you.

• fcioanca

Hi @federicopenaranda

All exam-related questions must be addressed to the LF Customer Support team. Please go to trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and open a ticket regarding your question. Forums are used exclusively for course-related questions.

Regards,

Flavia

• Thanks @fcioanca for your suggestion , tech support acknowledged that my exam ended before the two hour duration and gave me an additional retake. However I cleared the exam using my first retake yesterday.

Hi @federicopenaranda the intellisense behavior wasn’t seamless and flaky at best, different from my personal setup. I am taking JSNSD in a couple of weeks so I will open a ticket with exam support to find out more details. Will share my findings.

Specials Thanks to forum on topic “how do I know I am ready for exam”. That gave me confidence to take the exam.

• fcioanca

Congratulations on passing the JSNAD exam @vtripuraneni , and good luck with the JSNSD exam!

• Thank you @fcioanca

Categories

Upcoming Training