Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Connection lost during my CKS exam

vinodhatlinuxfoundation
edited April 2022 in LFS260 Class Forum

Hi, I took my CKS exam 8th April and totally disappointed when i got disconnected at around an hour and 30 minutes. I have a very good internet connection and am taking it from Singapore so I am pretty confident this was the issue from the lab side. As soon as I got disconnected I panicked and it took almost more than 15 mins to get back even after that it was slow and I lost focus as well. Due to all this the exam results came back as failed. Just wanted to highlight that the proctor himself promised that he will raise an incident for this issue as he also accepted there was a problem with lab connectivity. So kindly request you to consider all these issues when evaluating results. I am happy to do another free retake if at all possible. I was confident in the first half after seeing all the questions but this issue prevented me from performing well. I highly value this certification and linuxfoundation and hoping that trust remains the same. Thanks for your understanding in advance.

Is anyone else had the similar issue on that day?

Answers

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited April 2022

Hi @vinodhatlinuxfoundation ,

We are sorry to hear about this experience. Please open a ticket with the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, and they will assist you. Please note that the proctor does not open tickets on your behalf; they may report the incident to the proctoring provider, but they do not open a ticket for you with LF - this is your responsibility, and the correct course of action for any issue or question related to exams. Forums are used exclusively for course content related questions.

Regards,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• Many thanks for quick response. Agree and I did raise these two tickets TCCS-30885 and TCCS-30953 (under different catagories) but not getting any reponse for the last 3 days (for TCCS-30885) hence wanted to check if any other people had the same issue. Could you please help to get some response from support?

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

Please keep in mind that the business hours for the Support team are M-F 8am-8pm US Central Time, as provided in the auto-response confirming your tickets have been opened, and it can take up to 2 business days to hear back, as our team addresses each ticket in the order received - please rest assured that they will get back to you soon.

• Sure thanks very much for clarification. I will followup on the service desk as per your advice.

• phalecs
    phalecs Posts: 1

I just had a similar experience and I am super disappointed and distraught. I spent lots of hours preparing for this exam and the PSI application was terrible. It could barely support using my webcam for authenticating onto the process. I went from having 45 minutes left in my exam to barely 10 minutes left to complete the questions.

On average I spent over 30 minutes over the course of the exam "trying to authenticate"

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410
    edited January 6

Hi @phalecs

We apologize for the challenges you’ve faced. If you haven’t already, please submit a ticket to the Linux Foundation Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org to discuss your situation and seek assistance.

Best,

Magda

Categories

Upcoming Training