Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Mentor's Corner

Options
fcioanca
fcioanca Posts: 1,904

The Cloud Engineer IT Professional Program has a dedicated Mentor - an experienced Linux Foundation instructor periodically providing tips and suggestions to encourage, support and motivate you along your learning journey.

To ensure you receive your Mentor’s emails, as well as other important IT Professional Program (IPP) notifications, you must have opted-in to email subscription. If you have not done so already, go to MyProfile from the Linux Foundation Training Site and select 'My Email Subscriptions'.

In addition, your Mentor’s tips and suggestions will be posted in the IT Professional Program forum as well. You can use the forum search functionality to look for such posts, searching for keywords or phrases such as ‘mentor’s corner’ or ‘mentor’. Links to top posts are also be provided in this post, which will be updated periodically.

Mentor’s Corner:

Happy Learning!
The Linux Foundation Training & Certification Team

Comments

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @garrincha-zg,

Certain features are currently undergoing modifications, including the email subscription. Unfortunately, at the moment you can only sign up for the Training & Certification newsletter, but not for Mentor emails. Once the changes are finalized, we will update the posts and the Logistics course, but we do not have an ETA as to when that will happen.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Regards,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• garrincha-zg
    Options

Hi, will it be possible in the future to change my nickname? I have a silly old one I want to change, or at least to replace it with my real name, but this option is greyed out at the moment. Thanks! 👍

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi @garrincha-zg ,

That is not related in any way to email subscriptions, but to your LF ID. I would suggest that you reach out to our Customer Support team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org, and they will be able to provide an answer, if changing the LF ID is possible.

Regards,
    Flavia

• garrincha-zg
    Options

Hi Flavia, okey-dokey, will do. Thanks 👍

Igor

• amar.linux
    Options

Hi, How do I subscribe for receiving mentor's email. thanks !

• fcioanca
    Options

The subscription piece is currently being upgraded and improved, as part of the LFX platform. It is unavailable, and there is no ETA. We will post in the forum the mentor's periodic messages. If you have questions for him, you can send him an email. Details are in the bootcamp Logistics course.

• agcayetano
    Options

@fcioanca said:
    The subscription piece is currently being upgraded and improved, as part of the LFX platform. It is unavailable, and there is no ETA. We will post in the forum the mentor's periodic messages. If you have questions for him, you can send him an email. Details are in the bootcamp Logistics course.

Hi,

Has the mentor email subscription been improved and what is the route that I should take to get a mentor to communicate with me? Thanks

Arthur

• fcioanca
    Options

Hi Arthur,

The email subscription is still in development and not finalized. Please check the bootcamp Logistics course, available in your learner dashboard for details on how to reach out to the Bootcamp mentor.

Regards,

Flavia

• johanezja
    Options

@amar.linux said:
    Hi, How do I subscribe for receiving mentor's email. thanks !

mee too

Categories

Upcoming Training