Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER - No exam and nowhere to turn

mrmoo
mrmoo Posts: 5
edited February 2022 in LFW211 Class Forum

I have ended up posting this question on this forum in the hope that somebody within the organisation can push it to those whom it concerns.

Below is a message which I sent to Linux, via the online form, on the 12th Nov, last year. To this day, I have received no response. There is a telephone number to call, IN AMERICA - no thank you very much. Linux has provided no other way of getting in touch, leaving me stranded and, I assume, without any rights, as they’re based in America.

My message - and therefore explanation of my issue - is as follows…

“I have just attempted to take my exam for the Node Application Developer course. I signed in just before my allocated exam time, 12:00 (British time). My video wouldn't be sent to you so I had to do another 30 second slow scan of everywhere (quite impossible). By 12:15pm, I was through, awaiting a Proctor. The instructions were to wait up to 15 mins and, should nobody attend, start a ‘live chat’. There was no ‘live chat’ button and nobody arrived for another 30 minutes. I'm so frustrated. I've put my heart and soul into this course, intensely, for the last week (aside from months of learning it in the background). All prepared and on-point, I arrived promptly. I have been badly let down on your side, even though you will blame PSI [technical providers of the exam environment]. The whole experience has been well below expectation. I went with Linux because of the name. I had no exam. I have no certificate. I have spent a lot of money. I can't bear to go through this again, with all the preparation involved. What do you suggest?”

Best Answer

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410
    Answer ✓

Hi Malc,

It appears that you submitted this feedback and description of your issue through our Exam Completion Survey on Survey Monkey, on November 12, 2021.

I forwarded this forum post to our Customer Support Management team, and they have tracked down the Survey Monkey data.

The Exam Completion survey clearly states "This survey provides feedback to the Linux Foundation's certification and product development team. This survey is not connected to the exam you recently completed. If you had a problem that needs a response from Customer Support, please submit a ticket here".

When you submitted the data within the survey form, you also left the "If you'd like to identify yourself, please provide your email address or LFID: (Optional)" field blank, so there would have been no way to identify you or follow up with you to address your issues.

Can you please open a ticket with Customer Support at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org (and ask that it be directed to Caitriona Mulholland). The Customer Support team will be happy to provide an explanation for the issues you encountered and help provide options and next steps.

Thank you,
    Magda

Answers

• mstepien

Hi @mrmoo,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the exam. Did you open a ticket with the Customer Support Team at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org?

Thank you,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• mrmoo

Hi Magda, and thank you for coming back to me promptly.

I assume that's what I did but it's some months ago now, so I can't remember if it were that team who I contacted. As it was an online form - and not an email - I have no record of where it was posted. It was the only option I could find.

I shall try contacting them (maybe again) via your suggested route.

Sadly, I don't think I have the time and patience to start learning everything again.

Many thanks,

Malc

• mstepien

Hi Malc,

You are very welcome. Our Customer Support Team was also notified of this issue.

Best regards,
    Magda

• mrmoo

Thank you very much for following up on this, Magda. I really appreciate it.

I shall do what you've instructed.

Best wishes,

Malc

Categories

Upcoming Training