Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFW211 - New course version now live (02.06.2022)

Options

Hello,

A new course version of LFW211 went live today. This update brings the course into line with the recent OpenJS Node.js Application Developer (JSNAD) certification release (Node.js 16) while providing additional essential industry knowledge.

The "Node's Module Systems" chapter covers both the original CommonJS require-based module system and EcmaScript Modules (import), as implemented in Node.js. AbortController and how to use it with promises, async/await and Node core APIs is also an area of focus, now appearing in both the "Asynchronous Control Flow" and "Node's Event Systems" chapters. Additionally, assorted updates have been made across the entire course to bring the content and lab exercises into line with latest industry practices and APIs.

To ensure you have access to the latest updates, please clear your cache before accessing the course.

Magda
The Linux Foundation Training Team

Comments

• krave
    krave Posts: 58
    Options

Glad to see the updates! Thank you for your work to keep the course updated!

• scottishbakery
    Options

Are there any changes to the labs? I started in January so I'm wondering if I need to redownload those.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,908
    Options

Yes, the labs have been updated to work with Node v16. The entire course was updated, and we advise that you work through the updated labs and course content.

• brun0fl
    Options

Hi
    I am starting LFW211 today, and in the page it mentions it would be with Version of Software NodeJS Version 18 LTS. On the course Chap2 Setting-up it is presenting node 16.
    Am I with the correct access?

• fcioanca
    Options

The course has not yet been updated to node 18. Only the exam.

• brun0fl
    brun0fl Posts: 3
    edited January 2023
    Options

In this case the course will be good enough to cover the node18 exam? or completing the current course it will be better to do the node 16 exam?

• fcioanca
    Options

The exam is only available on Node 18.

• brun0fl
    Options

Any chance of having node18 course material before the end of 2nd quarter?

• fcioanca
    Options

We are currently working on it, but we do not have an ETA.

Categories

Upcoming Training