Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

ready-for.sh needs updating

When running the ready-for.sh script, I kept receiving the following error:
"No matching repo to modify: PowerTools."
Research indicated that the command for enabling PowerTools should be all lower case. I modified the script from "--set-enabled PowerTools" to "--set-enabled powertools" and received no errors.

Comments

• Hi @techdawgs , what distro and version are you working with?

Regards,
    Luis.

• CentOS 8 in the pre-built VM's. I tried using the CentOS Steams (8 & 9) but have had difficulty getting them to launch in VirtualBox.

• Hi @techdawgs ,

Is it the CentOS Stream images for LFS201, or did you use one for another course?

Regards,
    Luis.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

If you look at the Powertools repo in /etc/yum.repos.d, you will see that it is indeed named PowerTools, in CamelCase, not lowercase. So I do not understand exactly your experience. The reason it is coming up as uninstalled as it does not get installed normally and has to be added later. You also are unlikely to need anything in it. :)

Secondly, you should not use CentOS-8, use only CentOS8-stream. RedHat is no longer issuing updates for CentOS 8 as of the end of the year (this week) and we will disappear the CentOS 8 VM at the next VM update, probably about January 8 or 9. CentOS 9 is really just a beta at this point as it does not even have the EPEL repo available, so I would definitely not settle on that.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

As far as the Vbox comment goes, make sure the hard disk driver is "SCSI" not "SATA" . this is a known problem with vbox sometimes.

Categories

Upcoming Training