Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3.1. Install Kubernetes

krishna1984
krishna1984 Posts: 2
edited December 2021 in LFS258 Class Forum

Hi,

I created two google cloud VM's. I tried to follow Lab "3.1. Install Kubernetes" documentation. in 3.1->14 step "kubeadm-config.yaml" is not created.

There is a lot of confusion. please provide the little more detail guide

Best Answer

Answers

• what exact steps did you do/take? What do you mean specifically that it does not get created? You should create a file that is outlined in step 14 with the section called "kubeadm-config.yaml".

• I created that file "kubeadm-config.yaml" with the help vim. But my question. The result out not available. Could we able copy and paste the result output or something else is bit confuses

• Hi @krishna1984,

A working kubeadm-config.yaml file can be found in the SOLUTIONS tarball, together with other helpful files grouped by chapter. I would recommend using those files as provided, in order to avoid typos and any possible copy/paste issues.

Regards,
    -Chris

• I am not following step 6:
    6. Add a new repo for kubernetes. You could also download a tar file or use code from GitHub. Create the file and add an entry for the main repo for your distribution. We are using the Ubuntu 18.04 but the kubernetes-xenial repo of the software, also include the key word main. Note there are four sections to the entry.
    root@cp: ̃# vim /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kubernetes.list

Please help. Not sure how to relate this step to the installation process.
    Thanks,
    Zahid Ali

• Hi @zahidali,

Often when new packages are installed through a package manager, the user is expected to add a custom software repository to the list of repositories used by the package manager. This is the step that instructs us how to add a new repository.

After running the vim command, a new blank file should be presented, named kubernetes.list. The user is expected to enter into the file the text shown inside the text box below the command. Then save the file, and continue with the next step.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training