Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

[No Debian-Base Distro] Lab 3.3 not unpacking the files

devdorrejo
devdorrejo Posts: 24
edited December 2021 in LFS253 Class Forum

When doing sudo debootstrap --arch=amd64 stable ~/DebianContainer, will download the package but would not unpack, so when you try to connect to the files like container using systemd-nspawn, will fail saying execv(/bin/bash, /bin/sh) not found.

So what step i am missing to unpack when finish download the files?

The users have to install dpkg to enable unpack the files when this finish download the files.

Then,
you will not have issue completing this Lab

Comments

• Hi @devdorrejo,

Thank you for your feedback.

What guest OS are you running, and where is your VM provisioned (local hypervisor or cloud)? These details will help to attempt to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hello, @chrispokorni,

I am using openSUSe TW distro.

i created this post for those users that are doing the labs on non-debain-base distro. (Because every labs is focusing on ubuntu and not include the others main distro used in the world).

• Hi @devdorrejo,

The tools covered in this course may significantly change host machine Operating System features and behaviors, and with that in mind we recommend all labs to be performed in an isolated environment, such as a Virtual Machine - either local or cloud. As you may have noticed, a popular cloud provider, a popular hypervisor, and a popular guest Operating System are all exemplified in this course. However, it is nearly impossible to present multiple popular operating systems, multiple popular hypervisors, and multiple popular cloud providers within the same context.

The goal here is to learn about tools and concepts related to containers, all presented in an environment that can be easily and consistently reproduced in a local or a cloud setting worldwide. Once familiar and comfortable with these concepts, applying them in different favorite environments would most definitely increase knowledge and expertise, as they may introduce challenges specific to other OSes, hypervisors, and clouds, which unfortunately are not in scope for this course.

You can find all installation steps for the recommended lab environment in the first chapter of this course.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training