Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Virtual machine set-up

Options

Hi!

I'm new here and there are many choice of pre-built virtual machines. I'm going to use VirtualBox as hypervisor. Do you recommend some pre-built virtual machine in particular? Any of these pre-built virtual machines have user interface?

Thanks!

Carlos Alonso.

Answers

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @carlos.alonso,

Each course part of the bootcamp bundle may have its own lab environment requirements, and it may be difficult to find one setup suitable for all courses.

I would recommend examining closely the introductory chapter of each course, where you would find suggested environments and tools with some instructions on how to set them up as well.

While some of the courses use a mix of user interface (GUI or Web UI) and Command Line Interface (CLI), others may predominantly use the CLI.

Regards,
    -Chris

• mfalkner
    mfalkner Posts: 3
    edited November 2021
    Options

Started LFS201 when I tried to start the Virtual box, it gave me an error right away.

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine linux_foundations.

The virtual machine 'linux_foundations' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
    Component: MachineWrap
    Interface: IMachine {85632c68-b5bb-4316-a900-5eb28d3413df}

I am running a MACBOOK pro OS Monterey

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    Options

I'm sure you meant LFS201. Please indicate what virtual machine you are trying to use, what linux system and version and where you got the VM. Otherwise there is too little information to be of much use unless someone is familiar with this exact error.

Categories

Upcoming Training