Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Horrible exam experience

jrathod
jrathod Posts: 3
edited September 2021 in LFD259 Class Forum

I took CKAD exam yesterday. I was super excited to take the exam. Right from the beginning, I noticed that terminal was responding really really really slow. It would take couple of seconds for each key-stroke to show on the terminal.

I told my proctor about the issue and proctor tried to help me but nothing worked. I completed whole exam by typing commands in the notepad and copy/pasting it from notepad to terminal. It was really horrible. I checked my internet speed right after the exam, my download speed: 185Mbps, upload speed: 37 Mbps.

I have created a ticket with Training & Certification Customer Support. Is there anything else I should do?

I want to find out

• What needs to be done about the technical issues I faced during the exam?
  • make sure that no one else goes through the same experience

Best Answer

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,887
    Answer ✓

Hi @jrathod,

We are sorry to hear about your exam experience. Opening a ticket with the Linux Foundation Training & Certification Customer Support Team was the right thing to do, and they will assist you in this respond, along with answering any other exam-related questions you may have.

Can you please advise if you are part of the All In program, or if this was posted in the wrong forum by mistake?

Thank you,
    Flavia
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

Answers

• jrathod
    jrathod Posts: 3
    edited September 2021

I have been desperately trying to find out whom to talk to. I contacted PSI who redirected me to examslocal who can not help much about my issue. This is highly inconvenient.

My only objective here is to highlight the pain points. Also, certificationsupport@linuxfoundation.org is inactive.

• Unfortunately I had a similar experience as you @jrathod, last Saturday, have you any updates from the support?
    I also created a ticket with the support and will update here if something can be done to prevent this experience.

• Yes they gave another free retry. In my case, multiple monitor was causing the slow down. I disconnected another monitor and gave my exam on a single monitor and then it worked like a charm.

Did you give your exam with multiple monitors ?

Categories

Upcoming Training