Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS258 LAb3.2 step 7 unable to join the cluster

Hi,

I am unable to perform kubeadm join , resulting in the below error
root@worker:~# kubeadm join --token zq97al.y5v4cjfu0sf6mr2u k8scp:6443 --discovery-token-ca-cert-hash sha256:795a2c8464df7c58dbb70183e6f7a479f47c164822f3d8f8246f93b9c46c17e4
[preflight] Running pre-flight checks
error execution phase preflight: couldn't validate the identity of the API Server: configmaps "cluster-info" is forbidden: User "system:anonymous" cannot get resource "configmaps" in API group "" in the namespace "kube-public"
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher

I running the Nodes on GCE ,
it takes around 5 minutes before the error appears
I have already tried recreating the worked instance.
Thanks in Advance!

Answers

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @swapnil07,

What Kubernetes version have you downloaded and installed on your worker node? Based on the errors we have seen earlier from the control-plane node, I would recommend ensuring that installation steps are followed as close as possible to the lab guide.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hi @chrispokorni,
    Thank you for your responses, I have installed Version 1.22.2. I had previously tried with1.21.1 and had the same issue. . I will retry as per your suggestion to install 1.21.1 and share the logs .
    Thanks!

• I am having the same issue. I build the cluster on my laptop. 3 Node k8 cluster

• Hi @sheiksharfuddin,

Unfortunately additional details about your k8s cluster and its infrastructure is required prior to attempting to troubleshoot and suggest a solution to your issue.
    The size of your host machine CPU, RAM, disk), the OS of the host machine, the hypervisor software, VM sizes (CPU, RAM, disk), guest OS, k8s version, how is networking configured on VMs (how many interfaces, type of network attached), how is network managed by the hypervisor to its VMs.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training